1. How long have you been training in CrossFit and did you exercise prior to joining JSACF?
I've been training for more than a year. I joined back in September of 2016 because I’ve always wanted to join the marines but since they don’t accept any deaf people, CrossFit became my loophole.
2. What changes have you made to make your life healthier since starting CrossFit?
In the winter, I hibernate which means I eat a lot and stay inside. CrossFit helped me beat that by helping me make better decisions about my fitness and wellbeing.
3. Tell us about what you do outside of the box?
I love to travel to new places, meet new people, photography, hiking and water sports.
For work, I work at NAVSUP as a Logistics Management Specialists.
4. Since you have been at JSACF, we have witnessed your growth as an athlete. Brag a little. I have been noticing my arms are stronger and I'm more flexible overall.
5. What is a goal you set for yourself in the next 6 months? The next year?
To able to do toes to bar. It’s my weakness. I also want to be able to climb up a rope.
6. If there was a WOD named after you, what would it consist of?
21-14-7 reps of box jump burpees and kettlebell swings.
7. Do you have any favorite moments in the gym that you’d like to tell us about?
My favorite moment was when I was able to do a handstand. It a was great feeling!
8. What advice would you give to a new person starting CrossFit?
Don’t compare yourself to others, just focus on yourself and have fun!
9. Please share a quote that strikes you as important in your life?
"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.”